Best known as the musician/mastermind behind independent music juggernaut CD Baby, Sivers has emerged as a modern day folk hero to artists, iconoclasts and entrepreneurs, while earning the respect of the establishment as one of the most inspiring minds of the digital age.
Anything You Want provides a concise outline of the author's unique approach to enhancing creativity and productivity—an approach which is both universally applicable and refreshingly counterintuitive.
Part manifesto, part memoir, the book brings together the best articles from Sivers' popular blog with an inside look at the company he founded and the evolution of its enlightened business practices.
As a special bonus, Derek Sivers is giving book customers an MP3 from some of his favorite CD Baby artists. I'm delighted to recommend the book, and am honored that Derek is including my song "Emerald Buddha" among the selections.
1. STRONG — The Flugelhorn contains copper, zinc, silver, aluminum, rhodium, Nordic gold, platinum and palladium -- the very same precious metals and minerals recommended by Morningstar as a hedge against market volatility.
2. SOUND — The Flugelhorn is a sound investment. Literally.
3. PROVEN — Historically, Flugelhorn popularity tends to increase during difficult economic periods. Remember Chuck Mangione's ironically titled 1970s Recession hit "Feels So Good"?
4. GUARANTEED — Investing is always risky, but musical instruments like the Flugelhorn (unlike financial instruments) are guaranteed to provide interest well into the future.
5. RESPONSIBLE — The Flugelhorn is a socially responsible investment, powered entirely by wind and renewable energy.
6. CONVENIENT — Flugel investing has never been easier!Participate today with a minimum commitment of $9.99 USD.
When I was coming up, we weren't trying to get a hit or to get paid, we were just trying to do our thing. Truth is, the only thing we really wanted was to get out there and get recognized for our originality.
After that happened, we said 'OK, all right, so now what? What's it really all about?' Well, at the end of the day, what it all boils down to is this: we're all riding on the same boat. And we have to learn how to deal with each other, to get along.
So that's what music is for — to bring us together.